Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Old Fashioned Beef Stew Recipe


Essential kitchen tools for this recipe


Yesterday I had a lot to do so I got out my trusty Crock-Pot and let it simmer all afternoon with :

Old Fashioned Beef Stew (Lower in Carbs)

2 pounds beef stewing meat

salt and freshly ground pepper

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 can (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes

1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce

1 (14.5 oz.) can of beef broth ( can use boxed kind)

2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

2 tsp. dried thyme

1 bay leaf

8 oz. mushrooms, sliced

4 stalks celery, chopped

1/2 bag of baby carrots ( I use them whole)

8 oz. pearl onions ( I use the bag of frozen, about half the bag)

Essential Equipment:

Slow cooker

Garlic press

Put beef stew meat in slow cooker ( may need to cut into smaller, bite sized pieces)

Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine. Cook on High for 5 hours, or on low for 8 hours.

Discard bay leaf before serving.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment