Monday, March 14, 2011

Pie in the Sky


Today, March 14th is Pi day. I spelled that correctly. It is Pi day, the mathematical equation. Now I am not very good at solving math equations, but I am good at eating pie! My favorite is blueberry. I have convinced myself that because it has fruit in it, it has at least some nutritional value.( Okay, don't burst my bubble!) Anyway, I love blueberry pie so much that I day dream about it!

I also day dream about another pie that we will have one day. Well, I don't know if the Lord will serve pie, but it mentions a banquet, and feasting with rich food. So I am convinced that I will have "pie in the sky, by and by" I have been meditating on this scripture today, and with everything that is going on in our world right now, I am especially loving this whole passage.

Isaiah 25: (vs.6)"The Lord of hosts will prepare a lavish banquet for all peoples on this mountain... (vs.8)
He will swallow up death for all time, and the Lord God will wipe tears away from all faces, and He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth; For the Lord has spoken. And it will be said in that day, "Behold, this is our God for whom we have waited that He might save us. This is the Lord for whom we have waited; Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation." Isaiah 25:6, 8-9

I am so thankful for this future celebration. We will banquet with Jesus one day, but even greater will be that there will be no more death, or crying or pain. We will see our Saviour face to face. The one we have waited for. We will rejoice and be glad in His salvation! What a celebration that will be! As much as I love pie, that won't matter. My "pie in the sky" will be Jesus and celebrating with Him in heaven! Hallelujah, I feel a shout coming on! Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, JoAnne! I love the promises of Isaiah! And I love pie! Nice to think there might be pie at the great feast! Hope it's peach! Yes, even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathey, I don't mind peach pie either! Can't wait for the Lord's return, I believe it will be soon!

    ReplyDelete