Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Birds of Kenya


Superb Starling


Sunbird


Grey backed Fiscal



Maribou Stork




Superb Starling





Grey Heron






Rosy- Breasted Lonclaw





Crested Crowned Crane








Maribou Stork







Blacksmith Plover









White Headed Buffalo Weaver










Grey Flycatcher












African Pied Wagtail



Anyone that knows me really well, knows that I love birds! I guess you could say that I am a fledgling ornithologist. So when I visited Kenya recently it was a veritable treasure trove of birds! I wasn't able to get a picture of all of the beautiful birds that I saw, some flew away before I could capture them with a picture. The reference book which I purchased, " Birds of East Africa" lists 1293 species of birds for the region- approximately 15 percent of the world's bird species! Wow, that is a lot of birds! Needless to say, I was in "bird" heaven!







No comments:

Post a Comment