Saturday, February 22, 2014

Teaching at Maasai school

     On Wednesday, February 5th, Synora, Carrie and I had a pleasant surprise of going to speak at a Maasai school in one of the villages.  Synora and I took one group of children and taught them. Just out under a large tree, Synora taught them several Bible lessons, she also had pictures to show them that went with the lessons. She did a great job with them. Then I taught them about the different kinds of hearts. From Ezekiel 36:26 "Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you, and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh."  I talked to the children about the fact that our hearts are wicked and hard, like stone. But because of what Jesus did, He gives us eyes to see that we need a Savior, and we can repent of our sins and He cleanses our hearts, and softens them and makes us clean. He loves us, and washes our hearts clean. Many of the children raised their hands to receive Christ as Savior that day.  I do not know who was genuine and who wasn't. That is up to God. He is the One who knows their hearts.

     Carrie was working with another group doing games and they absolutely love the parachute. Then we switched, and she took our group, and we talked to her group. Synora and I did the same lessons with the second group. Again, many of the children raised their hands to be saved, and prayed to receive Christ as their Savior. Two of the teachers were our interpreters. The principal and the teachers are all very receptive to us coming in and teaching the children. I am thankful for the opportunity to go into their schools and teach.  I pray that God will send people to them to water the seed that we planted, that they will grow in their faith.
That their little hearts will remain tender and pliable to the Holy Spirit.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment