Monday, August 19, 2013

"Twirl around with joy"

     Today is my daughter Ashley's 26th Birthday. I am so full with thoughts and emotions today, thinking back on those years and how quickly they have flown by. My mind is thinking back on a  particular Easter Sunday, in 1990. A dear lady in our church had made Ashley a dress. The dress was very special, pink with a slip under it that had many layers. It had a beautiful hat to match. What a special weekend it was. Not just because we would be celebrating our Savior, but also because my Mother and my Granny had come for a visit.

     Ashley looked like a little princess that day in her dress. As soon as I put it on her she began to twirl around and around. My Mom and Grandmother saw her and I can still hear my Granny saying, "Twirl around sweetie. Twirl around for Granny." I have a video of that day and pictures that are priceless to help me remember. Well, I can't go back in time and relive that day no matter how much I may want to!

     Fast forward to my daughter's wedding day. I watch her again with a beautiful dress on. One that is flowing at the bottom, just right for twirling! My mind goes back to the little pink dress she wore so many years ago. This time she is twirling around, dancing with her Daddy. I can almost hear the voice of my Granny again saying, "Twirl around, twirl around for Granny." It was a very special day.

     Today I was remembering a Scripture that I found.  Isaiah 61:10 says, " I will rejoice greatly in the Lord, My soul will exult in my God; For He has clothed me with garments of salvation. He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." Looking in my Bible, I had made a note that the word "exult" in this passage means " to spin around". I just love that!

     So, reading it this way: " I will rejoice in God... and be filled with so much joy, that it makes me want to "twirl around" with joy in the Lord! This is what I want for a Birthday gift for you Ashley, that you exult in your God so much, that you "twirl around for your Daddy", you "twirl around for your heavenly Father".

     I think my Granny is peeking over the heavenly realm saying, "Twirl around for Granny, and twirl around for your Father." How special is that? And what a special day
it will be when we can all "twirl around together in heaven... you, Ashley, your earthly Daddy, and me. Your Granny, and our Heavenly Father.

     I can imagine God is saying, "Twirl around for me daughter" for I have clothed you in beautiful garments of salvation.


Ashley twirling around on the dance floor with her Daddy on her wedding day
Ashley, age 2 & 1/2 wearing her pink "twirl around" Easter dress

No comments:

Post a Comment