Friday, March 29, 2013

Consider The Lily

     I read a Scripture recently that said,
"Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; but I tell you, not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these." Luke 12:27

So I decided to consider the lilies, or The lily. Here is another Scripture about The lily of the valley.

" I am the rose of Sharon, The lily of the valleys." Song of Solomon 2:1. Many commentators believe this is about Christ, our Bridegroom. In light of this Easter season, I want to reflect on this.

Consider The Lily

Christ The Lily...
Purist flower...
Of lowly estate.
Bowed His incarnate head.
Blood flowed from Your beautiful brow...
Down the rough boards.
Splinters pierced the purest petals.
From head bowed low...
Blood sprinkled on the ground.
To seek out the valley of death and pain...
Where I live.
The Lily...
Grew from the valley...
Among the thorns.
To cover and to hide me.
In my shame...
My sin was dirty.
It stained the lily.
He condescended in His low estate.
The shadow of the cruel cross...
This covering shadow.
Where He applies His righteousness.
Clothes me in this righteousness...
I am a beautiful, new...
A re-born flower..
I inhale a sweet fragrance...
The fragrance of pardon.
The fragrance of life...
Eternal life.
Here in this valley...
I lift my head to...
Give praise...
Give thanks...
So I will....
Consider The Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment