Saturday, February 9, 2013

Wait, Who wants to do that?

Wait... who wants to do that? Waiting is hard isn't it?

One reason it's hard is we live in an impatient world. We want it, and we want it now!

We want things fast... slim-fast, instagram, quicken loans, etc. This is the society we live in. The microwave doesn't even seem fast enough!

 Micah 7:7 says, " But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me."

" Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:14

" I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined to me and heard my cry." Psalm 40:1

1. Wait. ( for the Lord). In all of these Scriptures above, it doesn't say wait ON the Lord, it says wait FOR the Lord!

2. When you're waiting, God waits with you.

" Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you, and therefore He exalts Himself to show mercy to you. For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for Him."  Isaiah 39:18 (ESV)

So He waits that He may be gracious. You will be blessed if you wait for Him.

Wait... for His timing... wait for His purpose.. He is working even if you don't see it!

3. God still hears you.

Wait.... and in your waiting know that He still hears you. In two of the verses above it says that God hears your cry and your prayer.

" ... Do not be afraid, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart on understanding this and on humbling yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to your words." Daniel 10:12

Don't lose heart dear Christian, He hears you...

4. God will give you strength to wait.

" Those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary." Isaiah 41:10

Don't lose hope. God will give you strength to wait. A renewed strength for the journey ahead. Who knows but what in this journey of waiting, when you can't seem to put one foot in front of the other.....

He may give you wings!

1 comment:

  1. Very inspirational, keep on posting motivational Bible verses like this.
    By the way I saw your blog at networked blogs and followed you, hope we can be friends at my inspirational Christian quotes blog. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete