Saturday, February 23, 2013

Rock of Ages

Rock of Ages...
I am in a ship tossed about.
My cargo is ...
Grief... unbearable
Questions... unanswered
I see you...
From a distance.
Oh God my rock,
My grief is so great...
I may drown in it.
The water is overflowing...
Spilling over the ship.
I'm coming closer.
I can see you are near but...
I'm afraid I will crash.
Crash onto you, The Rock.
Dear God I'm crashing...
I crash my ship of grief
Onto The Rock of ages.
My ship breaks open.
Spilling its contents...
All over the rock
But...
I do not drown.
I am saved...
Delivered.
I find refuge...
Shelter.
I climb on.
I hang on.
I gain strength.
Oh Rock who bore me..
Rock who formed me.
I will live upon the rock.
The Rock of Ages.



Written for a grieving family, dear friends. May God be your Rock during this difficult time.

Based on Psalm 18:2:
"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."



No comments:

Post a Comment