Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Things Change...Through the Years


Things change... Through the years
The dress label number has increased...
But you don't seem to notice...
Your acceptance of me never ceased.
My face is betraying me when I catch my own reflection...
But from you I receive no rejection.
My hair is fading in it's color...
You don't see that it's duller...
The gleam in your eye makes my hair shine...
To you it's divine.
We don't feel the need to talk and talk...
With you beside me I will joyfully walk...
You're holding my hand...
As we travel down this road...
We share each others load
The empty nest...
Discovering each other...
We are so blest...
As we turn down the road that will bend...
My forever friend...
Left up to me it will never end...
You calm my fears...
Even sometimes there may be tears...
When others have jeers...
I'll always be here...
That will never change... Through the years.
Written to my dear husband Steve Roy by your wife JoAnne
On the occasion of our 31st Anniversary... With all my love.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!! Congratulations on 31 years!!!

    ~Martha

    ReplyDelete