Friday, March 9, 2012

Nothing Wasted


Betsy getting ready to kiss Helen our Interpreter

Update on Kenya Mission trip
Friday, February 17, 2012
We are back at Oldepe church. In the afternoon Betsy taught and I also taught on "Deborah the Judge". Betsy spoke on Marriage and the women asked some questions. We noticed that the ladies are asking more questions than they ever have in the past. One of the questions was, "Are women battered in America too?" Well this was a God sent question. Betsy began by saying, "Yes, some of them are, and let me tell you my story." Betsy went on to tell them how when she was just a baby, her own Father beat her Mother, and then deserted them both. ( I have been given permission by Betsy to tell this) Betsy told this so bravely and tenderly to the women. God's spirit was there. He poured out His Spirit to these women using Betsy's words. Well, I began to cry, and so did Betsy, along with most of the Maasai women. A Maasai woman came up to me and was hugging me, and patting me where my heart is. Another woman hugged Betsy also.
We found out why the Pastor's wife was crying. The exact same thing had happened to her when she was a child. God was using Betsy to console her and to heal her from the same hurt that Betsy had experienced.
A lesson to be learned here is no matter where we live, all around the world, we are the same. We cry the same tears. No matter what color we are, we shed the same color blood. God loves us all.
God does not waste anything that happens to us. No matter what it is, no matter how hurtful, God can still use it! Praise God He did in Betsy's life.
II Corinthians 1: 3-4 says, " Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we are comforted by God." Romans 8:28 tells us, " And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God..."
Do you see that? God comforts us when we are going through afflictions, and then we can use that to help someone else. God is always at work, and He is working things out for our good. Nothing we go through is in vain! Nothing we go through, no matter how bad, is wasted by Almighty God. Don't you want to praise Him for that?! I know I do.
I have such a heart full of love for these Maasai women. My love grows and grows for them each time I go back to see them. I have so much love and admiration for Betsy too. She has been through a lot in her life but she keeps right on smiling and laughing! But even more than that, I love and admire the Lord so much for using every single scrap in my life and other's lives for His honor and glory, and for the building up of His precious daughters and His kingdom.
May God be praised!

2 comments: