Monday, March 5, 2012

God provides, we teach

Me teaching "Woman with issue of Blood" Carrie portraying Jesus wearing the prayer shawl
Me and Betsy and Sarah
Elderly Maasai Woman named Sarah
Continuing information about our Kenya Mission trip.
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
We went to David Olonopa's church again (Mutenkuar Baptist)
Carrie taught the women on the Ephesians passage "Putting on the Armor of God". Betty also taught on "Mary and Martha and Lazarus" she also gave her testimony. While Carrie and Betty taught, Betsy and I went out evangelizing with Will and Steve. All of the people we spoke to were believers and went to a church. Betsy and I met an elderly lady. I believe she said her name was Sarah. We talked to her for awhile. She had a little store that she ran. I asked her how old she was and she said she didn't know. They don't keep up with their age like we do here.
Thursday, February 16. 2012
We went to Oledepe Baptist Church
Betsy and I taught today. Betsy taught on the "Good Samaritan" and I taught about the Woman with the issue of Blood. The Scripture talks about the woman touched the fringe of Jesus garment. So I was so excited to be able to borrow a Jewish prayer shawl like Jesus may have worn back then. It has fringe hanging from the edge of it. The woman I borrowed it from attends Hocutt and she was telling me that they would touch the tassels and pray the names of God. I told the Maasai women that and they wanted to know the names of God. So, off the top of my head, I was trying to remember some of the names of God to tell them. Meanwhile Betsy said, "Oh, I have a bookmark with the names of God on it. I just felt like the Lord was telling me to bring this, someone might need it!" That's what happens about every time we go on a Mission trip to Kenya. God always seems to touch someone to bring something unexpected that we end up needing. I love that! So, I proceeded to go on with the lesson using what Betsy brought. That was a very neat thing! We taught a lesson to the Maasai women and the Lord taught a lesson to us that we should always listen to His Spirit's prompting!

No comments:

Post a Comment