Friday, March 16, 2012

"Feel Free"

Jen, Pastor's wife at Naibor Amon
This will be my last update about our Kenya Mission trip until the Lord lets me go again.
Saturday, February 18, 2012: We are at Liberty Baptist today. Carrie teaches on prayer and then Betty taught, "Who I Am in Christ". We ate lunch with them as we have all week. We have had goat and cabbage and potatoes and chapatti. Today we also are served fruit. The food has been very good and we appreciate all the sweet women who have cooked for us all week.
It is getting time to go and so we pass out the final gifts to the Pastors, the women, and children. Pastor Peter, and some of the women also give gifts to us. They are special, handmade gifts of intricate beaded jewelry. Each piece is so special. But what is even more special is the place that these people have in my heart. I love them so much! They are the sweetest, kindest, most polite people that I have ever met.
Sunday, February 19, 2012: Our team divides up into four teams. To be able to go to four different churches and lead their worship. Steve and I went to a church that our team has never been to. It is called, Naibor Amon. The Pastor's name is Peter and his wife's name is Jen.
When we arrived the Pastor's wife greeted me by saying "Cairiboo" which means "welcome" and then she said with a smile, "Feel free". I have thought often about those two words since she said them to me.
Feel free... that is how we should feel in church. We should feel free to worship the Lord without worrying about what other people are thinking about us. We should just have love for our Lord uppermost in our minds and hearts. We should stop being so self- conscious in our worship of the Lord and more God- conscious.
Thank you Jen for those two beautiful, and "freeing" words.
"Feel free"... I think I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment