Saturday, February 25, 2012

Why we go on Mission to Kenya






We have returned yet again from another Mission trip to Kenya. You may have silently asked the question, "Why would they go around the world to another country?" Well I'm glad you asked!

We go first of all because the great commission is still in the Bible! We belong to Christ, and He is our Lord, and Master. So we do what He commands. The great commission is a command, not a suggestion!

Matthew 28: 19-20 "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Secondly, we go because Christ has appointed us as His ambassadors, so we have a job to do. We have been sent by Christ to represent Him and to give out His message.

II Corinthians 5:20 says, "Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

Thirdly, The love of Christ compels us to go. When you love who He loves, you want to go and tell it!
II Corinthians 5:14 "For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all..." So because Christ did so much for us, and died in our place, the least we can do is live for Him. We are to be obedient to Him and what He wants us to do.
Fourthly, I go because I love the Maasai people. They have gotten under my skin, and wormed their way into my heart. I have made friendship and relationships with these people, so I look forward to going back and seeing them every year.
I am already making plans to go back next February. I hope that more new people will go with us next time. If God tarries, and I am in good health, and it is still His will, I will continue to go while there is still breath in me and work to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment