Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thou Shalt Laugh...







Knock knock... Who's There?
Doris
Doris Who?
Doris locked that's why I'm knocking!
You may like knock knock jokes, you may not, but I bet if you are a human you love to laugh!
Something I am thankful for today is LAUGHTER! Ha ha hee hee ho ho, or as I see on facebook Bwahhaaaha! Nothing is as good for you as a good, gut busting, belly laugh. It's like a tonic!
The Bible says in Proverbs 17:22 " A merry heart is good medicine..." (KJV) in the (NASB), it says "a joyful heart." Ecclesiastes 3:4 says, " There's a time to laugh."
I am so thankful that God created us to be able to laugh. When God created man he said that "it was good." That means that everything that He created us to be able to do was good! To put it into a Biblical vernacular, it's like God said, "Thou shalt laugh."
I am a happy person by nature. I love to laugh and I love to make other people laugh. My family is the same way. My grandmother, Sadie Hawkins( yes, that was her real name), was quite a cut-up and she loved to make people laugh. My husband Steve, daughter Ashley, and my son Daniel also make me laugh. Whenever we all get together, we crack each other up!
When I get together with the ladies in my Sunday school class we are always laughing. Don't get me wrong. During our Sunday school time we are studying Scripture. But when we have our Sunday School Socials we are laughing and talking.
When I have the great opportunity of going to a Chamber Choir reunion with the group that I sang in at LU, the sounds that prevail are laughter.
Some great quotes that I found about laughter are:
"Laughter is an instant vacation." Milton Berle
"Laughter is the shortest distance between two people." Victor Borge
" A good time to laugh is anytime you can." Linda Elerbee
"A laugh is a smile that bursts." Mary H. Waldrip
" What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul." Yiddish Proverb
So if you want to feel better today, don't reach for the Valium, or other things that promise that you will feel good. Maybe instead you should watch a clean comedy, or go out with your girlfriends. Call an old friend that makes you laugh..
I bet you will start to feel better in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment