Psalm 103:2 says, " Bless the LORD, Oh my soul, and forget none of His benefits;"
We can get so busy during this holiday time that we "forget to remember". This Psalm helps us to remember everything the Lord has done for us.
I want to take some time today on this Thanksgiving day to remember some of these benefits, or blessings.
In this passage of Psalms it lists for us some of God's great blessings to us.
1. Forgiveness, vs 3 says, " Who pardons all your iniquities." We can be thankful today that we have been forgiven by God. Not just some of our sins, but all of them.
I John 1: 9 says "If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
2. Healing, vs 3 continues by saying, " Who heals all your diseases." Have you stopped to thank God for your healing of even the smallest of sicknesses? He designed our bodies to have "anti-bodies" to be able to fight off sickness. There are so many things that we take for granted that our bodies can do without us even thinking about it! We truly are "wonderfully made!"
3. Redemption, vs 4 says, " Who redeems your life from the pit,"
We have been redeemed by the Lord, He alone has saved us from the pit of hell! Thanks be to God for this! He purchased us by His own blood. Let's take the time to thank Him for this today.
4. Love and compassion vs 4 continues by saying, " Who crowns you with loving kindness and compassion;" As if being redeemed and being saved from the pit of hell weren't enough, He caps it all off by "crowning" us with love, kindness and compassion!
Our you aware of these wonderful gifts He has given you today?!
Salvation wasn't enough. He wants you to know His love.
1 John 3:1" How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"
God's love is lavish! Extravagant! He gave His only Son because of His lavish love! Thank you God for your great love you lavish on us today!
5. Provision vs 5 says, " Who satisfies your years with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle."
Well if forgiveness,healing, redemption, love and compassion weren't enough, He also provides for us. The verse says that he gives us satisfaction in our years with "good things". This is very broad. There are so many "good things" to list, I'm not trying to sound like Martha Stewart, with her quote, "and that's a good thing.". I just want us to stop and think today of all of the good things that he has given to us.
It makes us feel so satisfied that it refreshes us so that our youth is renewed! I am not getting any younger, so this is a great encouragement to me. He is not saying that we will be young again. Believe it or not, I wouldn't want to be. He is saying we can still carry on with our life and be renewed in our spirit by "forgetting not all these benefits."
Lord, I want to take the time today to remember all your benefits toward me. This is just a small list. If I took the time to list them all this paper could not hold it all. But Lord, I do thank you for all of these things and more that you have so lavishly satisfied me with.
Thank you... thank you.... thank you... I will remember Lord, I will remember....