Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I Hope...


i hope...
Two powerful words...
i hope... this seed will become food.
i hope... this bulb will be a beautiful daffodil
i hope... my baby will be healthy
i hope... my child will love the Lord
i hope...my husband will always love me
i hope... my cancer will be healed
i hope...I will not lose my job
i hope... We won't lose our home
i hope...I will make new friends
i hope... to be loved and accepted
i hope...I will always hope
i hope...in the Lord
Hope is something we need. It makes us put one foot in front of the other on the days we feel we can't go one. But in pondering the word "hope", it is essential to life. When a person "gives up hope" they don't have anything to live for.
I believe that hope comes from the Lord.
Psalm 119:49 "...for you have given me hope."
Looking at an acorn. I don't think the acorn is saying ," I hope... I will be a mighty oak tree." The tiny acorn may fall to the ground and without thinking about it, or concentrating.
It will...
crack open...
sprout...
grow and grow... until...
It's a mighty oak tree.
It's becomes what it was created to be. It has what was placed within it by God...
the code.
So, I will have faith in what the Lord has given me...
His hope....
His love...
His eternal life... both now and forever more.
Psalm 13:3 "... put your hope in the Lord both now and forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment