Monday, August 1, 2011

God's Laser Level

A few days ago I went to church to put up a Bible verse on our wall in our Sunday School class. This was the kind that the verse is written out and you rub the words onto the wall. There were some important tools that I needed to be able to put this up successfully. The most important tool that I used was the laser light leveler. As I was using this level, I would get the bubble in the middle to make sure that the verse would be on the wall straight. Looking with my eye, the verse looked very crooked to me. I am not a handyman, (or handy woman), but I do know that you are supposed to trust the level. I did just that. I trusted what the level was telling me, and I put the verse up according to the levels' instruction. Then when I stepped back and looked at it, guess what? It was straight! The Holy Spirit spoke to my heart and said, "This is a good lesson for you. Do not trust in your own feelings, and what your eyes see. Trust in Me instead. I will not lead you in the wrong way. In fact, I am never wrong about anything!"
Two wonderful verses that go along with this is, " Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3: 5-6 (NASB)
Had I trusted in my own eyes, and my own judgement looking at the verse I was putting up, it would have been put up crooked on the wall. There is a wonderful lesson in this. Trust the Lord instead of your own judgements. He sees the whole picture. He knows everything. He knows what is best for you. He is the best laser level so to speak ( He was also a carpenter). Leave it in His hands because He knows how best to handle your life. Do not trust your own eyes, they may lead you in a crooked path.

No comments:

Post a Comment